10 Best Indian Foods to Eat to Get Better Sleep
Getting a good night's sleep regularly is perhaps the best gift for a human being. And, a special thanks to the mass media, we are now well aware of the benefits of good sleep - how it rewires our brain and body, heals our health issues and prevents diseases.
Now, depending on a couple of criteria like age, work-pressure, etc. the sleep need differs from person to person but the strategies to get good sleep remain almost the same. One of these best strategies is to maintain a good food habit.
Find a list of the best foods that will surely help you get better sleep.
No worries, all of them are easily available at your nearest store!
- Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts– These members of the Nut family contain a good amount of magnesium, copper, manganese, and phosphorus. These minerals act well as muscle relaxants and invite better sleep. They also contain good fat like omega 3 which helps to produce Melatonin and Serotonin.
- Bananas– Bananas are a good source of potassium, magnesium, and vitamin B6. They form a very good combination to relax the muscles. Also, the amino acid called L-tryptophan present in this fruit helps to produce Melatonin, the hormone that induces sleep.
- Apples– Apples contain many sleep–supporting vitamins and minerals including vitamin B6, vitamin C, and potassium. They boost your sleep quality. Apples are also a good source of antioxidants like Polyphenols. It helps you in burning fat and falling asleep faster. Besides, it is rich in fiber. Hence, if you eat an apple as a bedtime snack, you won’t be getting up from sleep with a midnight hunger.
- Lukewarm Milk- Milk protein contains tryptophan. Tryptophan helps produce Serotonin, a brain chemical that induces deep sleep by creating Melatonin. Milk also provides a good amount of calcium that maintains the desired level of calcium in our body and helps us to stay asleep.
- Carrots– Carrots supply Vit B6 to the human body helping it producing Serotonin and Melatonin. So, along with the other health benefits, carrots help inducing sleep as well!
- Sweet Potatoes– Sweet potatoes carry many muscle relaxants like potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Have them with a pinch of salt or a drizzle of honey to get a good taste and a good night’s sleep too.
- Fatty Fish– Fatty fishes provides you with Vitamin D & Omega 3 and helps our body to produce Serotonin. So, say yes for fish if you wish to get better sleep.
- White Rice– Rice is rich in carbs, hence it is advisable to have it at least an hour before you go to sleep. But, as a bowl of white rice can boost your sleep with its high glycemic index, you can easily pamper yourself with rice at night. Just allow yourself a bit of time to digest it before going to bed.
- Oats– A bowl of oats is also high in carbs and rich in fiber content. Its carbohydrate part invites drowsiness producing Melatonin while the fiber part makes you feel full and prevents waking up in the middle of your sleep.
- Curd – Being a good source of calcium and tryptophan, curd also helps to invite your good sleep and make you stay asleep. Have it with white rice or a pinch of salt at night if you don’t tend to catch cold.
Share with us what all strategies work the best for you to get better sleep and keep sleeping better!